About Stevenson Pool, Patio and Beyond
Click any link to jump to more information about our company.
- Our Products and Services
- 10 Reasons Homeowners Love Stevenson Pool, Patio and Beyond
- Our Certifications
- Testimonials from Happy Homeowners
Stevenson Pool, Patio and Beyond is a family-owned business that has served the needs of Maryland homeowners for nearly 40 years. Over the years, we’ve gained a reputation for being conscientious, professional and knowledgeable, while also being friendly and easy to work with. That’s in no small part because our family name is also the name of the business.
We’ve never been a “high-volume” or “cookie-cutter” pool builder. Our focus instead has always been on (1) creative, custom designs, and (2) exemplary customer support. The comments from our clients and our A+ rating with the BBB confirms that we are obviously doing something right .
Our Products and Services…
As you can tell by our name, we do a lot more than just swimming pools. We can help with just about any aspect of your backyard. Click any link below for more information:
- Fences & Hardscapes
- Landscape Services
- Outdoor Kitchens / Grills
- Outdoor Structures (Pergolas, Fire Pits Etc.)
- Pool & Backyard Design Services
- Pool Covers (Automatic & Manual/Safety)
- Pool Renovations & Remodel
- Residential Swimming Pools
For more information, or for a no obligation estimate for any of the above services, please give us a call at (512) 914-0554 or use our online form. One of our design specialists will be happy to help you.
10 Reasons Homeowners Love Stevenson Pool, Patio & Beyond…
Are you unsure about how to choose the best pool builder for your home? Well here are 10 reasons so many of our past clients are happy they chose Stevenson Pool, Patio & Beyond:
- Four decades of experience – The swimming pool industry is notorious for fly-by-night contractors who come and go with the seasons, sometimes leaving homeowners stranded within unfinished pool. But not Stevenson Pool Patio and Beyond. We been rock solid in business for 40 years, so you don’t have to worry about us going anywhere.
- A+ rating with the BBB – The only way you can score an A+ rating with the BBB is to make sure every homeowner is delighted with your services, over the course of many, many years. We’re delighted to see that the BBB recognizes and reflects our stellar reputation and success with an A+ rating.
- 3. Member of NESPA/APSP – is a shocking fact that less than 20% of the pool builders in the United States will take the time or make the effort to join – much less participate in – the Association of Pool and Spa Professionals. Also known as the APSP®, it’s the only professional organization in the country that’s dedicated to making sure that all pool builders act professionally and responsibly, and build a safe and beautiful product. We been members of an active with the APSP and its sister organization NESPA (Northeast Swimming Pool Association) for more than a dozen years.
- Auto Cover Specialists – One of the smartest ways to improve safety and reduce cost of ownership of a swimming pool is to install an automatic cover. It retains the heat, and keeps out the dirt, and makes the chemicals last longer, while also creating an instant safety barrier whenever you’re not around. Yet 95% of the pool builders in Maryland won’t even suggest an automatic cover. Not only do we recommended, we specialize in it.
- Jandy ProEdge Dealer – Only a select few builders are chosen to be “Jandy ProEdge” dealers, and fortunately, we are one of them. This allows us to give you an automatic three year warranty on all Jandy pool equipment – that’s three times the industry standard! And all Jandy ProEdge equipment is first-class, so it will serve you for many years to come.
- Pool Industry Experts – Through our ongoing training programs, and a tough-to-beat 40 years of experience, we’ve gained quite a reputation as “the-go-to-guys” for any challenging swimming pool or backyard project. If you’ve got questions about your future backyard dream, don’t worry – we’ve got answers. And we are happy to explain it in “plain English” so that everyone can understand.
- Beyond the Pool – We’re called “Pool Patio & Beyond” for good reason. We don’t stop at the swimming pool. We design and install landscapes, hardscapes, fireplaces, fire pits, outdoor kitchens, outdoor living areas, pool houses, gazebos, patios, decks, and just about anything else you might want to enjoy life in your own any backyard.
- Hands-On Ownership – You won’t get lost in a big corporate machine here at Stevenson Pool Patio and Beyond. You’ll meet the owner Doug Stevenson face-to-face right up front. And don’t be surprised if you see him in your own backyard multiple times a week, keeping an eye on your project personally.
- A Family Reputation – Our name is on the company, which means every decision we make is a personal reflection on our family name. That’s why you’ll consistently find us to be diligent, dependable, reliable, conscientious, and above all, a pleasure to work with.
- Fully Licensed and Insured – We are fully licensed in the state of Maryland by the Maryland Home-Improvement Commission. (Our license number is MHIC #5663.) We are also fully insured to a minimum $1 million for every project and every location, so you can rest assured that you are working with a legitimate and properly insured business.
For a one-on-one consultation on your backyard oasis, give us a call at (512) 914-0554 or use our online form. One of our design specialists will be happy to help you.
As a serious-minded and long-term contractor of pools, patios and beyond, we’ve joined a number of different industry organizations, including the following:
APSP® / The Association of Pool & Spa Professionals
The APSP is the world’s largest international trade association representing the swimming pool, spa, hot tub and recreational water industries. APSP is the leading industry advocate promoting professional best practices through education, industry standards, and safety.
APSP members are required to adhere to a code of ethics in business and technical practices, and share a strong commitment to the safe, healthful, and enjoyable use of industry products.
The APSP effectively replaced another well-known industry organization known as “National Pool and Spa Institute” (aka NSPI) in 2006.
More information at www.APSP.org
BBB / The Better Business Bureau
The BBB is a private, non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and foster the highest ethical standards between companies and their customers in the areas of:
- Dependable Service
- Honesty In Advertising
- Honest Business Practices
- Reliable Complaint Handling Procedures
Examples of services provided by the BBB are Business Reliability Reports, Dispute Resolution, Truth-in-Advertising, Consumer and Business Education and Charity Review.
The Jandy “Pro-Edge” designation is reserved for a select few Jandy dealers who meet strict requirements for capability, reputation and customer satisfaction. Most Jandy equipment (pumps, filters, heaters, etc.) that is installed by an official Jandy Pro-Edge builder (such as ourselves) receives a 3-year warranty instead of the normal 1-year warranty.
More information about Jandy Pro-Edge at https://premium.zodiacpoolsystems.com/programs/dealer/loyalty-program/software/build.
The Maryland Home Improvement Commission will
The Maryland Home Improvement Commission licenses and regulates home improvement contractors and salespersons throughout Maryland. The Commission investigates complaints by homeowners, awards monetary damages against licensed contractors, and prosecutes violators of the home improvement law and regulations.
The Commission has a Guaranty Fund (The Fund) supported by licensed contractors, who pay a Guaranty Fund assessment when they obtain their Home Improvement license and each time they renew their license. This Fund compensates homeowners for actual monetary losses due to poor workmanship or failure to perform a home improvement contract. The Fund applies only to work done by licensed contractors.
More information about the Maryland Home-Improvement Commission at https://www.dllr.state.md.us/license/mhic/.
NESPA – Northeast Spa & Pool Association
The Northeast Spa & Pool Association exists to create a professional climate in which to advance commercial activities, and to address the current and future needs of the pool and spa industry.
NESPA also serves as a source of product and safety information for the end consumer. For over forty years, NESPA has been affiliated with the Association of Pool & Spa Professionals (APSP). NESPA is also the owner and producer of The Pool & Spa Show in Atlantic City, one of the swimming pool industry’s largest events. (This event typically draws over 9,000 people to Atlantic City for four days of educational, business and social activities each year.)
More information at www.nespapool.org.